- 0.1 Using protective stamp mounts and stamp hinges has modified the nature of stamp collecting because it allows the true preservation of stamps in an archival environment free of agents like humidity that might be harmful to postage stamps, while allowing free circulation of air around the stamp.
- 1 Showgard
- 2 Prinz Scott
- 3 Stamp Hinges
Using protective stamp mounts and stamp hinges has modified the nature of stamp collecting because it allows the true preservation of stamps in an archival environment free of agents like humidity that might be harmful to postage stamps, while allowing free circulation of air around the stamp.
So, the question that might come to your mind now is: what’s the right supply for me? Should I pick stamp mounts or stamp hinges? Well, it depends on your collection set up, your stamp design requirements and your budget. Below are our recommended stamp mounts and hinges.
Selective collectors want their investment to be kept safe from damage due to dust, humidity and something as simple as the wear and tear of time. Showgard mounts are proven safe for philatelic use for more than 50 years in every weather. You can trust your stamps to Showgard. Showgard is the choice brand of top collectors and without a doubt a symbol of trustworthiness throughout the world.
Prinz Stamp Mounts, including ScottMounts by Prinz, can be found in a wide variety of sizes to meet all stamps sizes. Prinz stamp mounts are made from 100% inert polystyrol foil, guaranteeing your stamps’ safety. Scott mounts will protect your stamps from the harmful effects of dust and moisture, preserving the value of your collection. They are available in both black background and clear.
In philately, stamp hinges, or mounts, folded, transparent, rectangular pieces of special paper coated with a special gum. Used by stamp collectors to attach postage stamps onto the pages of a stamp album. Stamp hinges were created way before stamp mounts, therefore they’re more used by collectors, even though nowadays collectors prefer stamp mounts.
The shortest end of the stamp hinges is moistened and affixed to the stamp, the longest end is likewise affixed to the stamp album’s page. The stamp hinges was created to keep the stamp affixed to the page while still allowing it to be lifted to examine its back, for instance to see the watermark or expert marks.
- Visit the ultimate stamp collecting supplies list.
- To keep your stamps and postcards safe from stains and getting damaged we recommend Lighthouse stock books.
- Stamp Magnifying Microscope: Celestron 5 MP Handheld Digital Microscope
- Stamp Magnifying Lamp Desk Clamp-Mount 90 SMD LED Adjustable Spring-Arm
- Electronic perforation measurement gauge, that has a higher price but is easier to measure perforations.